Humane Heritage - A Love That Lasts Forever
Including the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County in your estate plans allows you to ensure that your love and support for animals will continue beyond your own lifetime. It helps provide a stable financial future for our organization, and helps countless animals in our community.
You Have Options
There are many ways your estate plans can help the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County and benefit the animals. You can make a simple bequest, establish a Charitable Reminder Trust or Gift Annuity, or name the shelter as beneficiary of your IRA, retirement plan, or insurance policy.
Consult With Your Estate Planner
We encourage you to consult with an estate planner or financial advisor to determine the plan that is most beneficial to your circumstances.
Make a gift in three easy steps! Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here’s how to name Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank, or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution
What You Need to Know
If you decide to include the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County in your estate plans, you will need the following information:
- Legal Name: The Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County
- Legal Address: 2608 Center Street, Tacoma, WA 98406
- Federal Tax ID: 91-0577128
- Type of Organization: 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Honoring Our Donors
The Humane Heritage Foundation was established to recognize those who have made a deferred gift to the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County.
Many individuals have left a legacy of love for animals by naming the shelter in their will or estate plan. These bequests provide essential support for programs and services that help animals.
If you’re interested in naming the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County in your will or estate plans, please contact our Development Staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s a wonderful way to ensure your compassion for animals will continue long past your lifetime.