Making a Difference
Our shelter was founded by a group of revolutionaries who dared to question the status quo in order to improve the treatment of animals. Now, we are one of the largest animal welfare agencies in Washington, with a passionate team that has continued advancing the care and wellbeing of pets. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of an animal-loving community that strives to find every pet a loving home, reunites lost pets with their families, provides life-saving medical care, and leads services that help keep pets with their people.
View our current open positions below and apply today to help make a difference for both pets and people in our community!
We strive to create and sustain a compassionate culture, operating with:
- Paid vacation
- Paid personal time off
- 9 paid holidays during the calendar year
- Medical, dental, vision – 89% employer-paid premiums toward you and each eligible dependent
- Employee discount on animal adoptions & retail store purchases
- Paid bereavement leave, including coverage for loss of a personal pet
- $50,000 paid life insurance
- Paid long-term and short-term disability insurance coverage
- Optional Health & Dependent Care Flex Spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- SEP IRA or Pension Trust (for union represented employees) retirement contribution plans
Current Job Postings
Associate Shelter Veterinarian
We are in an exciting time of developing our Veterinary Services department and are seeking an Associate Shelter Veterinarian to join the team. The Associate position reports to the Medical Director, who will provide mentorship and career development support, and are open to new graduates
Associate Shelter Veterinarian salary: $125 – 140K
View the full job description [PDF]
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.