The shelter is accepting lost pets by appointment only starting Wednesday, December 21. Learn More
Home 57

Rabbit Adoption Fees Reduced

From March 10 – 31, all rabbit adoption fees are only $25!

View Adoptable Rabbits



The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County is not able to accept wildlife. Please take wildlife to a licensed wildlife rehabilitator.

Always talk with a licensed wildlife rehabilitator first before picking up wildlife. Be sure to assess the situation and exercise caution.

For any assistance with wildlife, please consult with a licensed wildlife rehabilitator:

PAWS Wildlife Center
Phone: 425-412-4040

West Sound Wildlife Shelter
Phone: 206-855-9057

Raindancer Wild Bird Rescue
Phone: 360-970-5402

Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife
Phone: 425-775-1311

National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association
Phone: 360-230-9920

Many state and federal laws prohibit the handling or keeping of wildlife unless you are licensed to do so. Licensed wildlife rehabilitators are trained to care for many types of native wildlife and have the proper equipment to provide appropriate diagnosis and care for these animals to help return them to the wild.


Found a Wild Animal?

Found an orphaned or injured baby wild animal?

What to do if you find baby wildlife