Day of Giving Fundraising Toolkit
Day of Giving – Fundraising Toolkit
You can come to the rescue for dogs, cats, critters, and pet owners in our community!
Help us get the word out about our Day of Giving on August 25 as we fundraise for the thousands of dogs and cats who will turn to the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County for compassion and care this year.
Create your own Fundraising Page for a chance to earn cool prizes!
|Create Fundraising Page||Entered into the Gift Card Drawing|
|Raise $25||“Adopt, Foster, Love” Bumper Sticker|
|Highest Amount Raised||You and your pet featured on our social media pages|
|Highest Number of Donors||You and your pet featured on our website homepage|
|Top 10 Fundraisers||Your name is listed in our e-newsletter|
Tips and templates to help you get started!
Get Started Early
Create your fundraising page today so you can maximize your fundraising efforts!
Set A Goal
Aim for the sky! Setting a fundraising goal will give you something to aim for and surpass!
Be the First to Donate
Show your commitment to your fundraising efforts by being the first to donate to the homeless animals in need.
Personalize Your Page
Your loved ones will support you because they care about what you are passionate about. Add a fun photo and share a story of why animals are important to your life!
Share on Social
Sharing on social media is one of the best ways to get support! Click the Facebook or Twitter icons on your Fundraising Page to share directly on those platforms. Take advantage of the downloadable images and pre-written posts below.
Reach Out Directly
Whether it’s a simple text, an email, or even a phone call, sending personal messages to those close to you is a great way to reach your goal. To get started, make a list of people to ask for support, such as family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, or businesses you frequent. Can’t find the words? Use our sample email template below!
Say Thank You
Whether you do it face-to-face, in a hand-written card, via email, or by tagging someone in a social media post, don’t forget to say thank you! A personal note to your donors will make them feel special.
Let Us Help!
We want to help you reach your goals! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or advice.
- I’m fundraising to help animals at @TacomaHumane! Together, we can fight animal cruelty, save injured pets, and find forever homes for thousands of shelter pets. Please donate today! Any amount can save a life. wagives.org/tacomahumane
- Give back to the pets who give us so much! Support Day of Giving on August 25 and your gift to @TacomaHumane will be MATCHED! Learn more and give: wagives.org/tacomahumane
- If you don’t support the homeless dogs and cats in your community, then who will? Donations to @TacomaHumane made by August 25 will be MATCHED during Day of Giving — helping TWICE as much. Learn more and give: wagives.org/tacomahumane
- YOU can come to the RESCUE for the dogs, cats, and pet owners in our community! Every dollar you donate will be DOUBLED and help TWICE as much thanks to a generous match by @PetcoLove for Day of Giving! Learn more and give: wagives.org/tacomahumane
- Let’s save some pups and kittens! Your gift TODAY to @TacomaHumane will be MATCHED dollar for dollar for Day of Giving — don’t miss the chance to give twice as much! Learn more and give: wagives.org/tacomahumane
- It’s the FINAL DAY to have your gift to the dogs and cats of @TacomaHumane MATCHED for Day of Giving! Get your donation in by 11:59pm on August 25. Learn more and give: wagives.org/tacomahumane
It’s no secret that I’m passionate about animals. That’s why I’m taking part in the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County’s Day of Giving and fundraising for shelter animals who need our help.
This cause is near-and-dear to me because [INSERT SENTENCE ABOUT WHY YOU’RE FUNDRAISING]. The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County is special because they never put time limits on how long animals stay at their shelter. Pets stay as long as it takes to find a loving home.
My goal is to raise $[INSERT YOUR GOAL] for the shelter pets by August 25, 2022. Will you please help me reach my goal?
You can donate here: [INSERT YOUR FUNDRAISING LINK]
Thank you for your support!
Thank you email:
A BIG thank you from the shelter pets!
Your support of the Day of Giving will make a life-changing difference for the homeless pets at the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County until they can make a house a home.
On behalf of all the animals who found their new families, and those who are looking for the right match, thank you. You have made happy happen!
Thank you so much!
On a desktop, right click the image and select “save image as” to save the graphic to your computer.
On mobile, hold the image and select “add to photos” to save the graphic to your phone.
Facebook Cover Photo:
|$25||Vaccinations to protect a dog or cat from disease|
|$50||Medication to treat a rabbit's infected ears|
|$100||Spay/neuter surgery to prevent an unwanted litter|
|$250||Behavioral rehabilitation for a frightened dog|
|$500||X-rays for an injured stray|
|$1000||Emergency care to save the life of an animal hit by a car|