Area Off-Leash Dog Parks
Dog Park Etiquette
- Keep your dog from jumping on or interfering with people and their dogs.
- Off-leash does not mean out of control. Aggressive dogs must be removed.
- Don’t smoke or eat while at the park. Cigarette butts and food wrappers are tempting treats to dogs, but bad for them.
- Don’t bring more than three dogs. It subjects parks to overuse, and if they’re not your dogs, you may not have full control over them.
- Dogs cannot be left in the park unattended.
- If you must bring children to a dog park, supervise them closely.
- Dogs must have up-to-date vaccinations and dog license.
- Females in heat are not allowed in the park.
- Pick up and properly dispose of your dog’s waste. It’s the law.
- Have your dog on a leash when entering and leaving the park.
- Make sure that only one gate is open at a time.
- Use the park at your own risk.
TACOMA: ROGERS PARK. Located at East 34th street and East ‘L’ street, Rogers Park serves Tacoma’s eastside area near the old Roger’s Elementary School. In addition to the off-leash area, the park features play equipment, a hard surface play area and shelter. www.metroparkstacoma.org
TACOMA: FT. STEILACOOM PARK. Currently 3 acres near the barn with more park area being
FEDERAL WAY: FRENCH LAKE PARK. New off-leash park that is on “probationary” term, so practice good dog park etiquette! Lots of dogs of all sizes. No water fountain. Pond. Large running areas. Picnic tables and benches. Location: 31531 1st Ave S. Directions: I-5 South to 320th, Right on 320th, Right on 1st Ave, Left after 1st light.
MERCER ISLAND: LUTHER BURBANK PARK. 2040 84th Ave SE.
REDMOND: MARYMOOR PARK. Use Highway 5 or 405 to get to 520 East. Take 520 East approximately 5 miles to West Lake Sammamish Dr Exit. Make a right at the light at the end of the exit. Make your first left into Marymoor Park. This is Marymoor Park Way. Make your second right (at the third stop sign). A sign on the corner points to the “Dog Training Area”. The main dog park entrance is at the end of road.
SEATAC: GRANDVIEW OFF-LEASH PARK. Military Road, between 188th and Kent-Des Moines Road. Directions: From I-5 north, take Kent- Des Moines exit, turn left off ramp, left at Military Road (next light). Dog park is 1 mile north on the right.