More Ways to DonateSecure Online Donation
Print and mail our Donation Form or donate over the phone at (253) 284-5849.
Did you know that
- $200 buys vaccines for 50 dogs and cats
- $150 provides medical treatment for an ill pet
- $100 vaccinates, feeds, and cares for a shelter dog or cat for a week
- $75 pays for diagnostic x-rays for an injured animal
- $50 buys a special PVC and canvas kennel bed for the dogs to lay on
- $50 spays a dog for a low-income owner
- $25 neuters a male cat for a low-income owner
- $15 buys a case of specialty food for an ill or elderly animal
- $10 buys a cuddly cat bed
- $5 buys a can of formula for orphaned puppies and kittens
Memorials & Honorariums
Donations may be made in memory of, or in honor of, an animal or individual. Please specify the name of the pet or person being remembered or honored. If you provide their name and address (or a family member's), we will send a card to that person letting them know of your thoughtful gift. Honorarium and Memorial donations are listed in the Humane Society's newsletter, Paw Talk.
Memberships are based on a calendar year and all gifts made within the year are cumulative. Donations are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. The Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County is a 501(c)3, independent non-profit organization which depends upon the generous donations of our members to fund the vital programs and services we offer. The Humane Society is not a government agency nor associated with any national or other animal welfare organization.
The Humane Society values your privacy and will not sell or exchange addresses, phone numbers, or emails of our donors.
Northwest Charity Donation Service will accept cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, and RVs for donation with the proceeds going to the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County. They will transport the vehicle (running or not) and provide you with the paperwork necessary for a tax-donation. Be sure to indicate "The Humane Society for Tacoma/Pierce County" when donating.
Many employers make it easy for you to help animals through workplace giving programs, including the United Way, the Combined Federal Campaign, and the Washington State Combined Fund Drive. Use the appropriate code to direct your donation to the Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County:
- Combined Federal Campaign: 84645
- Washington State Combined Fund Drive code - 0315073
- King County Employee Giving code - 9643
Our Employee Identification Number (for tax purposes) is 91-0577128
Does your employer have a matching gift program? Some businesses match the gifts (or the volunteer time) of employees — increasing what your donation can do for homeless pets.
Have you considered naming the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County in your will or estate plans? It's a wonderful way to ensure your compassion for animals will continue long past your lifetime. Contact our Development Staff for more information on including the Humane Society in your estate planning.
Shop and help animals
Toys, food, and other pet supplies are purchased at wholesale prices, so a cash donation is more cost-effective than purchasing and donating those types of items themselves.
However, if you would like to donate new or used items to the Humane Society, we are always in need of:
- Pet food (while we do accept opened pet food, please provide us with brand/flavor information)
- Fleece or synthetic blankets, new or used (not loose-weave, cotton, or filled, and no quilts or pillows)
- Towels, new or used
- Clay cat litter
- Large "Kong" brand stuff-able toys
- Collars and leashes, new or used
- Scratch and Stretch boxes for shelter cats can be donated here
- Tru-Catch humane traps can be donated to our "Community Cat" Trap/Neuter/Return program
- Black wire pet cages 31" x 21.75" x 23.75"
Donated items may be dropped off anytime during our business hours: 11:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday and 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday. Simply bring your donation through the front doors, and see our Greeter for delivery and receipt.