We advance the welfare of animals and promote positive relationships between animals and people.
we’re social animals
- Precious is our Featured Pet this week. This eight
year old female Pit Bull mix is friendly, calm, and has a heart of pure gold. If you are looking for an easygoing companion who is happy with a little love and attention, then Precious is the one for you! She’s smart, loves treats, and just wants to please. Come get to know this sweetheart! Her number is 489885.
- Muffin and Melanie both went a little crazy when they saw each other for the first time…after two years apart! When Muffin disappeared back in 2012, Melanie was devastated and spent a long time looking for her before finally giving up hope. So imagine her surprise when we called to tell her that her little friend was at the shelter, safe and sound. These joyful reunions always make our day!
- Your puur-fect companion is out there and waiting for you—let us help you find him! We’ve had our eye on one amazing guy named Thomas and we think you’ll agree! This big love is a 5 year old black Domestic Shorthair and is sure to leave a lasting impression on your heart, just as he has to ours! Thomas has a laid back and relaxed personality that you are sure to love. This guy would do great in a quiet home, but we feel would also thrive in a home with older children and pets. His past history is unknown, therefore a slow introduction would be ideal. This is one wonderful kitty you don’t want to miss out on! Stop by the shelter and discover Thomas for yourself today! Reference #A487986
- The Tacoma City Marathon Association has been a generous supporter of the Humane Society for the past five years, so when owners Tony Phillippi and Paul Morrison said they had a check to give us, we brought along some foster kittens to help us say “thanks”. Well, that brought the office to a standstill, and we almost didn’t get them back! Thanks you guys!
- Tubby the adorable Chihuahua was taken from the security of his own backyard 4 years ago. After constant searching, Tubby’s family thought they would never see their beloved pet again. Just last week, Tubby was found wandering the streets and was brought to the shelter by animal control. Thankfully this pup’s owner had microchipped him prior to being taken from his home years ago. Now Tubby’s family is whole again and it seems as if no time has passed at all! Never give up hope on reuniting with a lost family member. With a microchip on your side, the pet you thought was gone forever can find their way back to you!
- Are you looking for a dog who will enjoy activities such as long runs through beautiful Pacific Northwest trails? If you want a dog who will be by your side to experience all of the great outdoor fun our area has to offer, Zelda is the girl for you! This beautiful 3 year old Pitbull Mix has all of the energy an active owner could ask for! Zelda loves to play and will be a wonderful companion for the family on the go. Due to Zelda’s high octane personality, she would do best in a family with kids over the age of 12 and needs to be the only pet in the household. Zelda has a small cell tumor on one of her legs, which is commonly found in Pitbulls. As long as she receives regular vet check-ups, she’ll continue to be one happy and healthy girl. Come fall in love with Zelda today! Reference #A487416
- Black cats are all the hype this time of year. But don’t let the season fool you—they make amazing companions all year round! Drake is a wonderful 5 year old black domestic shorthair with stunning yellow eyes that are sure to captivate you! Drake is looking for a home where he can spend his hours leisurely on the couch, receiving gentle head pats of love and attention. Due to the fact that this guy will love having your attention so much, he needs to be in a single pet household. Drake is a mature boy and would do best in a forever home with adults and older children only. Don’t wait to make this fantastic guy yours today! Reference #A474426
It's simple, to advance the welfare of animals in Tacoma and Pierce County. As a local, independent 501(c)3 non-profit, we at The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County rely on donations to fund our organization’s vital programs. Visit us in person or check out our adoptable animals to find your family’s newest addition!
Lost pets reunited with owners