Looking to add a feline counterpart to your family? We will be adopting out some amazing Humane Society kitties that you are sure to fall in love with! Don’t miss out on this great event!
We advance the welfare of animals and promote positive relationships between animals and people.
we’re social animals
- Are you looking for the love of your life? For a companion who will fill a very special place in your heart? Then look no further than our girl Lola.
This soulful four year old Pitbull Terrier mix will become the loyal friend you never knew you were missing. Lola is not only curious and smart, she loves to be outdoors and chase tennis balls in the sunlight. She will be a sidekick on your nightly run and will contently lay by your side on the couch. Due to the fact that Lola is a curious pup, a fenced backyard is a necessity for her and lots of toys to keep her interest. Lola can be reactive to other dogs, so she would be best in a single pet household. Don’t miss out on your chance to meet Lola today! Reference #A483025
- We are constantly amazed at the dedication and compassion of our volunteers. Every day, they walk dogs, foster kittens, match adopters with the perfect pet, clean cages, soothe, comfort, nurture, and Make Happy Happen for countless shelter pets. Shana has been a volunteer for eight years, and she’s especially good at finding homes for cats (like one year old King George in lobby cage 10, hint hint). Happy National Volunteer Appreciation Week, you guys. You are awesome!
- If you’re you looking for a beautiful kitty who will fit in perfectly with your family—don’t miss out on your chance to meet Pixie! This gorgeous 2 year old is extremely affectionate and will be at your side throughout the day. With her luxurious long white hair and piercing green eyes, you’re sure to see a beauty queen sitting before you! This lovely lady will enjoy spending time curled up on your lap purring away. If Pixie’s new forever home has children, it is recommended that they are over the age of 12. She has had positive interactions with other cats in the past, but not with dogs. This wonderful girl won’t be around for long, stop by and meet Pixie today! Reference #A484393
- Get ready to have your heart stolen by one truly special pup! Chewy is a very sweet & social 3 year old Red Chow Chow. Chewy came to the shelter as a stray almost one month ago—and is eagerly waiting for his forever home. This lovable pup is polite & calm, he would do best in an home with average activity. Upon Chewy’s arrival to us, it was clear that he had a skin infection on his hind-end and tail. It is believed this was due to a flea allergy and he is currently being treated with antibiotics. There is a chance that Chewy will need flea medication his whole life, something his new owners must be prepared for upon his adoption. Although Chewy may require a bit more care than average, there is no doubt that he will make it worth your while! Stop by and meet Chewy today! Reference #A484228
- Boone and his handler, Keith Taylor, have been working non-stop at the Oso landslide disaster, searching for victims. Keith was at the shelter a week ago, delivering a truckload of pet food collected by the Port of Seattle Fire Department as part of the annual Mulligan St. Patty’s Day Bash, so we were especially touched when he sent this photo. Dogs are just plain amazing, aren’t they? With all the technology and modern devices available for search and rescue, dogs remain the quickest, most accurate tool they have. All our gratitude, admiration, and hope for success go to the families, the community, the searchers, and of course, the amazing dogs.
- “No, I haven’t seen your Sharpie….why?”
Seriously, Cookie wants you to know that we happen to have nine sweet, declawed cats available for adoption right now. Most of them are hanging out together in the Petunia Louise Community Cat Room, including eight year old Cookie and her ten year old buddy, Carter. They are all calm and affectionate, but these two are especially cuddly, and would love to stay together. So if you know someone who wants a pair of super-cuddly friends, send them our way!
- Do you believe in second chances? Do you agree that every homeless animal—big or small, outgoing or timid, playful or mellow—deserves a loving forever home? Then get ready to fall in love with Emma. This amazing 6 year old black kitty is proof that a second chance is the most wonderful gift one can give a shelter pet. Emma arrived to us frightened and very timid. She would hide inside her box and rarely make an appearance outside of it. As time went on and her trust began to grow, it was clear that this kitty was not what she seemed. Emma started showing us that she was a bundle of confidence & loves human interaction! Especially when you give her a string to play with or a treat or two. After play time & a chance to explore her surroundings, Emma will happily lay across your lap and take a much needed siesta. Since she is still adjusting, this sweet girl would do best in a quieter environment with older children. Please don’t wait, give Emma the second chance she deserves so much. Reference #A483463
- This week’s Featured Pet is a wonderful and social Gold Rottweiler named Malcolm!
This 2 year old handsome boy is sure to bring love and happiness to his new forever family. Malcolm is an affectionate pup who will eagerly await your return home after a long day. After a few hours apart, Malcolm will love taking a stroll with you through the neighborhood. He has minimal interest in chasing toys, so a nice daily walk will be a great stress reliever for him. Malcolm would do best in a single dog household—as he has a lot of love to give! Since Malcolm is a large dog & we don’t know all the details of his past, we suggest he is placed in a family with no children under the age of 5. Don’t miss your chance to make Malcolm a part of your family today! Reference #A484169
- We often find ourselves in the presence of special animals, who require special attention.
Panda came to us on Valentine's Day, as his owners could no longer give him the proper care he needed. While getting to know Panda better, it was discovered that he has an unresolved skin condition called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Having this syndrome means that Panda’s skin is extremely sensitive and can be damaged easily if not handled with care. Although his skin may be fragile, this 7 year old black & white boy loves to cuddle and chase the occasional laser toy. If you see a patch of sunlight across the floor, you will most likely find Panda basking in it. This kitty would do best in a quiet home without children, due to his medical condition. Bring more love into your home, and make Panda yours today! Reference #A483640
It's simple, to advance the welfare of animals in Tacoma and Pierce County. As a local, independent 501(c)3 non-profit, we at The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County rely on donations to fund our organization’s vital programs. Visit us in person or check out our adoptable animals to find your family’s newest addition!
Stop by the Federal Way or University Place Mud Bay and adopt one of our many adorable shelter rabbits! We will have one of our wonderful bunny volunteers present to assist you with any questions you may have about caring for your new family member!
Is your small critter in need of some pampering? The make your way down to the Bunny & Guinea Pig Spa Day! Your pet will leave looking squeaky clean!
By the numbers:
Lost pets reunited with owners