We advance the welfare of animals and promote positive relationships between animals and people.
we’re social animals
- Hot dog! It had been three long years since Mattie, an 8-year-old miniature poodle had seen owner Mary, but thanks to the mighty microchip, the pair have been reunited once more! Shocked and excited to have Mattie in her arms again, Mary was already making plans to have her pooch pampered. It's good to be home!
Mattie is one of 107 lost pets that have been reunited with their owners so far this year, with 16 reunions taking place last Monday! Another statistic of note: since the start of 2015, 1,197 animals have been placed! Thanks to all of you for making happy happen for our furry friends ♥
- Satin is a serene domestic short-hair with a sweet side. While this week's Featured Pet may be nervous at first, she'll soon warm up, bestowing her forever family with snuggles and love. Should your household be calm, quiet, and pet-free, the striking 4-year-old may just be the purrfect fit.
What's more, Satin's adoption fee is completely waived, as she requires a dental exam, and we'll sweeten the deal further by adding a scratching post. Meet your match today! #493676
- This week's Featured Pet sure is a keeper! Nine-year-old Jack is a sweet soul who loves attention and is quite fond of fetch. This happy-go-lucky guy is searching for a family that has plenty of time to devote to the sociable Schnauzer. In return, Jack promises love in spades! #494015
While Jack's adoption fee is normally $40, it's totally waived today in honor of our new weekly special, Vintage Tuesdays! Senior animals really do make great pets, so be sure and stop by every Tuesday when adoption fees are completely waived for dogs and cats 8-years-old and up. Please spread the word! Our silver-whiskered friends have so much to offer.
- Toby has been at the shelter for a few months now, because his strength and youthful energy have been too much for most people to handle. But our volunteers have been working with him, calming and focusing his enthusiasm, and he’s come a long ways. His extra dose of sweetness has helped, too, and today Laurene decided Toby was “the one!” They are a perfect match and we are very happy for both of them!
- Looking for an adorable companion to greet you enthusiastically when you come home? This week’s Featured Pet may be just what you are looking for. Toby is a two year old Chow Chow and Pit Mix who dreams of a life filled with tennis balls, hiking, playing, and just adoring his new family. Toby needs training, but he loves treats and would be fun to work with. He would do best in a home with adults or teenagers who enjoy his energy and can spend time with him. Toby definitely has “wonder dog” potential! Come meet him and see if he’s for you! His number is #476450
It's simple, to advance the welfare of animals in Tacoma and Pierce County. As a local, independent 501(c)3 non-profit, we at The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County rely on donations to fund our organization’s vital programs. Visit us in person or check out our adoptable animals to find your family’s newest addition!
Lost pets reunited with owners