We advance the welfare of animals and promote positive relationships between animals and people.
we’re social animals
- This Barred Owl was brought to us today after he hit a delivery truck and became wedged in the grill. He was dazed, and may have a fractured breastbone, so we treated him for shock and then took him to a wildlife rehabilitation clinic in Kent. He’ll get excellent care, and should be flying again soon. We never know what’s going to come through our doors, so we’re fortunate to have such an unflappable veterinary team - - even when presented with a very flappable critter!
- Find a lifelong running partner in this week’s Featured Pet, Zelda! This striking 3-year-old Pit-mix is a bundle of energy and spunk, a perfect trail companion. At home, crate trained Zelda calms easily and is a big fan of belly rubs. She’ll do best in a family with no young children and no small pets, though dogs her size and larger may be okay. Yard space is a must for the zippy Zelda.
Welcome this happy girl into your home and into your heart just in time for the holidays — #A487416.
- Join us for a Canine Christmas Extravaganza! Local rescue groups , including the Humane Society, will have more than 150 pups available for adoption on Saturday, December 13 from Noon to 3:00 at Paws-Abilities in Fife. There will be vendors, a Santa, and trainers on site to answer your questions. See flyer for more details!
- Fall in love with Maxwell! Our Featured Pet this week is a sweet, declawed two year old cuddler who enjoys attention, adoration, and a good scratching. With his striking eyes and inviting face, you can’t help but be drawn to this guy. Maxwell has been at the shelter for a while now and he is longing for a home of his own. We are waiving the adoption fee for all adult cats and rabbits until the end of the year, so if Maxwell touches your heart, this is the time to act! His number is 471223
- The shelter will be closed on Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving, but we will be open on Saturday from 9:00-5:00. If you need a snuggle-buddy for the winter, come down and check out our selection of sweet, cuddly dogs, cats and rabbits. They are ready and waiting to brighten your life! And remember, adoption fees are waived for all rabbits and adult cats (7 months and older) until the end of the year!
- Add some warmth and cheer to your home, just in time for the holidays. Our Featured Pet this week is Carter and Cookie, a bonded pair. They are very attached to each other, but still have tons of love and affection to offer YOU! Plus… we are waiving adoption fees for all cats until the end of the year, so this is the perfect time to welcome them into your life! Cookie is a black and white ten year old spayed female (#484414), and Carter is a black, eight year old male (#484413). Come fall in love!
- Yay! Our Featured Pet, Founder, has just been adopted! This sweet eleven year old has known some hard times lately, but she’s going to spend the rest of her life being indulged and loved – which is what she deserves. Thank you, Cathy, for your generous heart. Founder will repay you many times over in friendship, affection, and adoration!
- Our Featured Pet this week is “Founder,” a beautiful, cream-colored Siberian Husky. She is very mellow, sweet, eager to please, and loves to be with people. Although she is eleven years old, she’s lively and curious, but is happy to curl up by your feet and keep you company all day. She loves attention, and really, really likes to have her cheeks rubbed in circles! And if that isn’t enough, Founder’s adoption fees have been waived in honor of adopt a senior pet month! So what are you waiting for?! Her number is 299461.
It's simple, to advance the welfare of animals in Tacoma and Pierce County. As a local, independent 501(c)3 non-profit, we at The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County rely on donations to fund our organization’s vital programs. Visit us in person or check out our adoptable animals to find your family’s newest addition!
Lost pets reunited with owners