We advance the welfare of animals and promote positive relationships between animals and people.
we’re social animals
- Is your home a peaceful place, which could use the pitter-patter of a sweet kitty? If so, Ming’s bags are packed and he’s ready to move in!
Ming is an adorable 8 year old Domestic Longhair Siamese, quietly waiting for his forever family to come take him home. This bashful guy may not be the best at selling himself, but once you spend some time with him, there’s no doubt you’ll fall in love. Ming loves to cuddle and will roll over onto his back so you can brush his tummy, preferably in the warm sunlight. Due to his age, Ming would do best in a household with adults and older children. His history with other pets is unknown, therefore a very slow introduction would be necessary. Stop by and make this charming fellow yours today! Reference 3A489559
- Today’s Featured Dog will be a wonderful addition for the entire family! Costello is a 4 year old American Bulldog/Pitbull mix and is sure to be the life of the party! This black pup is guaranteed to create smiles and laughter in your home on a daily basis. His favorite toys are tennis balls and he enjoys rousing games of keep away & tug-o-war. This sweet guy has a positive history with people of all ages, but because of his strength, we recommend he go to a home with older children and adults. Don’t miss out on your chance to bring this lovely goofball into your home forever! Reference #A488309
- Wow!! We were just invaded by18 bikers, who roared into the parking lot to deliver a check for a whopping $11,000 to help homeless animals. Each year this group holds a Poker Run in memory of their animal-loving friend, Scottie Cull. They are a big-hearted, fun bunch, and most have adopted pets from us, so it’s always fun to see them. Thank you SO much, guys!
- If you’re looking to add a pint-sized companion to your family, Taffy may be the dog for you! This 5 year old tan Chihuahua arrived at the shelter last month as a stray and is ready to go home with you today! This sweet girl tends to be a bit timid at first, most likely due to her small size—but she will fit right into your family once she warms up! Taffy enjoys attention and will stay close to your side, showing her devotion. Due to her initial coy behavior, it is recommended that her forever home has adults and older children, if any. Taffy is only one of the many smaller dogs we currently have available. Stop by the shelter and find your new best friend today! Reference #A488551
- We just welcomed 26 new foster volunteers! Yay! They are truly life-savers. If you are able, please consider being a kitten fosterer. We supply everything, even an enclosure if it helps. The need is great, and the rewards are immeasurable. Just look at Markie. He was born to a feral mom and came to us hissing and spitting, terrified of humans. But after a month in a foster home… well… just look at him! The next volunteer orientations are Friday, October 3rd and Sunday, October 5th from 10:00 to noon. If you’re interested, contact AlexR@TheHumaneSociety.org
- If you’re looking for a dynamic duo to fill your home with excitement and affection—Aboo & Piper are just the pair for you!
This wonderful brother & sister combo came to the shelter in June, and are waiting for the right family with enough love for two! Aboo & Piper are a 1 year old bonded pair, so they must go to their forever home together. Don’t let their devotion to each other fool you, these Oreo kitties have so much more love to give! They can’t wait to curl up next to you on the couch and enjoy and peaceful nap together or have an exciting game of tag. Don’t miss out on your chance to make Aboo & Piper apart of your family today! Reference #A487516 & A487517
- The Humane Society accepts puppies from our service area of Tacoma-Pierce County - Lakewood & Federal Way. The normal fee is $15 per puppy. They are then spayed or neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and made available for adoption. We understand that not all individuals may be able to pay the required fees, and in these circumstances we offer a sliding scale. We will not turn away an animal in need because the owner is unable to pay the surrender fee. We are committed to finding permanent, loving homes for all adoptable homeless pets.
- Rudy is a sweet and loving dog, who deserves a home that is as wonderful as his personality! Rudy is a social pup who enjoys good company, but also loves quiet time and chewing on a tasty toy. This beautiful red coated pup does best with adults and should not be in a home with kids under the age of 6. Upon Rudy’s arrival to the shelter back in April, it was discovered that he suffers from arthritis in his right hip. He underwent orthopedic surgery and received hydrotherapy sessions to help with his rehabilitation. Although Rudy is now is now on the fast track to good health, short walks are best for this guy! Rudy is patiently waiting for the right owner to come along, could it be you? Meet Rudy today! Reference #A484839
- Oh, happy day! After three months at the shelter, Dante has found his perfect home. Guy admired him at the Dog-A-Thon last Saturday, but when he saw him at Woofstock this weekend, chillin’ with a couple of Chihuahuas, he decided Dante just might be the dog for him. He brought his own pup to the shelter for a Meet and Greet, and now Dante is off to live the life he deserves. We’re gonna miss the little blockhead.
It's simple, to advance the welfare of animals in Tacoma and Pierce County. As a local, independent 501(c)3 non-profit, we at The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County rely on donations to fund our organization’s vital programs. Visit us in person or check out our adoptable animals to find your family’s newest addition!