We advance the welfare of animals and promote positive relationships between animals and people.
we’re social animals
- Julia was heartbroken when her family’s Husky passed away of old age. He had been her friend since childhood, and she missed him terribly. She decided the best way to honor his memory was to offer the same love and life to a homeless dog, so she came to the Humane Society. Wouldn’t you know, she happened to find this adorable Husky puppy, who also happened to need a family experienced with the breed. They both got exactly what they needed, and that’s what we call a perfect match!
- If you’re looking for a pup who’s as sweet as can be, look no further than our boy Jake.
Jake is a two year old Blue Merle Catahoula with a gentle and loving personality. When he came to us at the shelter, he was timid and afraid, even sudden arm motions startled him. After he was given time to warm up, Jake showed his delightful personality and calm demeanor. He is a very social and happy dog, who perks up at the sight of visitors at his kennel. Jake is a dog who will love to spend all day with you! Since we do not know Jake’s past history with children, we would recommend he go to a household with older children.
Jake is one special pup who will make your family as happy as ever. Stop by and meet him today! Reference #A483653
- A few days before Thanksgiving, Keller was found wandering down a Tacoma street and brought to the shelter. He was nearly blind and in severe pain from glaucoma and damaged corneas in both eyes. In spite of that, he was a very affectionate, brave, big-hearted dog who greeted everyone with a bright smile and a wagging tail. After weeks of treatment, it became clear that surgery was the only way to relieve his misery, so our veterinarian removed both his damaged eyes. We thought he was sweet before, but once he was free of pain, Keller became the most happy, playful and outgoing dog. He uses smell and hearing to maneuver, and if you approach him, he zeroes right in on your hand and demands to be petted. We all adore Keller, so we were delighted when Heidi decided she was smitten with him, too. She’s taking him home to join her family, where he’ll spend the rest of his life in security and comfort. We couldn’t be happier!
- This week’s Featured Kitty is a very special one! Moo is a friendly and fun black and white boy who will capture your heart & attention!
Mr. Moo is the epitome of a stellar cat who loves to be loved. He enjoys being petted and shows you his appreciation by giving you gentle head-butts. If you were to pick him up to cuddle, he would relax completely in your arms and enjoy the attention! This lovable 8 year old does have a cute little quirk—he’s a drooler! Due to the fact that Moo is missing a few teeth, he tends to drool, especially when he’s comfortable! Other than missing some teeth, Moo does have a heart murmur. His forever family must make sure he receives the continued care that he requires. Although Moo has a few health conditions, you would never know it! This lovable guy is not only playful, he is extremely patient and tolerant. He would do well with young children and other equally calm pets. We guarantee you’ll never meet another cat like Moo. Make him yours today! Reference #A362819
- This darling shepherd mix and his five siblings were rescued from a neglect situation a month ago, but in spite of their rough start, they all grew into sweet, trusting puppies. Hercules is headed for a carefree life with the Beugli family, and we are sure his litter mates will find homes quickly. (They are in kennel 9, smart, affectionate, about twelve weeks old, mostly black, male and female, charming. Just sayin’.)
- Just like humans, dogs have a rainbow of personalities. Here at the shelter, every dog that comes to us is given a personality test to determine the character of our furry friends. Today’s Featured Pet falls into the “Goofball” category!
Buster is a wonderful brown and white Pit Bull Mix with the perfect disposition for a fun-loving family. This 5 year old boy meets the definition of happy-go-lucky and will be the smiling face to meet you at the door after a long day at work. You’re guaranteed to have a blast with this pup and make memories that will last a lifetime! Love exploring the great outdoors? Buster will be right by your side, most likely with a toy in toe! It is unknown if Buster has any past experience with young children, so it is recommended that his new forever family has children over the age of ten. If Buster sounds like the dog for you, don’t wait, take him home today! Reference #A482720
- Our Featured Kitty this week is one to talk about! Let us introduce you to one amazing feline—Willow. This gorgeous girl is a nine year old seal point Siamese, she is guaranteed to steal your heart the moment you see her! Willow is truly everything one could desire in a cat. She is incredibly sweet and friendly, curious and loving & of course, a beauty. Willow’s perfect day would be curling up on your lap while you read a book or watching your favorite shows. When she’s not relaxing with you, Willow loves to explore her surroundings and maybe find a window sill with a view. Being that Willow is a more experienced cat, she would prefer to spend her days in a quiet and calm household. Willow’s new forever family must be sure to give her the love and attention she deserves. This attention does includes dental visits, as she is in need of a teeth cleaning. Willow is one very special kitty who will fill the space in your heart you didn’t know was empty. Don’t wait, come meet Willow today! Reference #A482457
- If you know someone who owns a pit bull, please let them know about the “Responsi-bull” Project, which offers free spay and neuter, a free owner workshop and free obedience classes for pit bulls and their owners. It’s fun, informative, and did we mention it’s free? Classes are held at the Humane Society, and there are still some openings for our February workshops. Find lots more information here: http://bullseyerescue.org/RESPONSIBULL.htm
Bullseye Dog Rescue - Seattle Area Pit Bull Rescue
Seattle Dog Rescue
It's simple, to advance the welfare of animals in Tacoma and Pierce County. As a local, independent 501(c)3 non-profit, we at The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County rely on donations to fund our organization’s vital programs. Visit us in person or check out our adoptable animals to find your family’s newest addition!