We advance the welfare of animals and promote positive relationships between animals and people.
we’re social animals
- Add some warmth and cheer to your home, just in time for the holidays. Our Featured Pet this week is Carter and Cookie, a bonded pair. They are very attached to each other, but still have tons of love and affection to offer YOU! Plus… we are waiving adoption fees for all cats until the end of the year, so this is the perfect time to welcome them into your life! Cookie is a black and white ten year old spayed female (#484414), and Carter is a black, eight year old male (#484413). Come fall in love!
- Yay! Our Featured Pet, Founder, has just been adopted! This sweet eleven year old has known some hard times lately, but she’s going to spend the rest of her life being indulged and loved – which is what she deserves. Thank you, Cathy, for your generous heart. Founder will repay you many times over in friendship, affection, and adoration!
- Our Featured Pet this week is “Founder,” a beautiful, cream-colored Siberian Husky. She is very mellow, sweet, eager to please, and loves to be with people. Although she is eleven years old, she’s lively and curious, but is happy to curl up by your feet and keep you company all day. She loves attention, and really, really likes to have her cheeks rubbed in circles! And if that isn’t enough, Founder’s adoption fees have been waived in honor of adopt a senior pet month! So what are you waiting for?! Her number is 299461.
- Our Featured Pet this week is Joey, and he’s one cool cat! This six year old was left to fend for himself after his owners moved away, but after a few weeks a neighbor noticed how friendly he was, and brought him to us. Joey is adventurous and full of personality, but mostly he just wants to cuddle. Oh, and he loves to have his head scratched! If you are looking for a friend who will adore you, come meet Joey and see if you don’t fall in love! His number is 491544
- Precious is our Featured Pet this week. This eight
year old female Pit Bull mix is friendly, calm, and has a heart of pure gold. If you are looking for an easygoing companion who is happy with a little love and attention, then Precious is the one for you! She’s smart, loves treats, and just wants to please. Come get to know this sweetheart! Her number is 489885.
- Muffin and Melanie both went a little crazy when they saw each other for the first time…after two years apart! When Muffin disappeared back in 2012, Melanie was devastated and spent a long time looking for her before finally giving up hope. So imagine her surprise when we called to tell her that her little friend was at the shelter, safe and sound. These joyful reunions always make our day!
- Your puur-fect companion is out there and waiting for you—let us help you find him! We’ve had our eye on one amazing guy named Thomas and we think you’ll agree! This big love is a 5 year old black Domestic Shorthair and is sure to leave a lasting impression on your heart, just as he has to ours! Thomas has a laid back and relaxed personality that you are sure to love. This guy would do great in a quiet home, but we feel would also thrive in a home with older children and pets. His past history is unknown, therefore a slow introduction would be ideal. This is one wonderful kitty you don’t want to miss out on! Stop by the shelter and discover Thomas for yourself today! Reference #A487986
It's simple, to advance the welfare of animals in Tacoma and Pierce County. As a local, independent 501(c)3 non-profit, we at The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County rely on donations to fund our organization’s vital programs. Visit us in person or check out our adoptable animals to find your family’s newest addition!
Lost pets reunited with owners