We advance the welfare of animals and promote positive relationships between animals and people.
we’re social animals
- Tubby the adorable Chihuahua was taken from the security of his own backyard 4 years ago. After constant searching, Tubby’s family thought they would never see their beloved pet again. Just last week, Tubby was found wandering the streets and was brought to the shelter by animal control. Thankfully this pup’s owner had microchipped him prior to being taken from his home years ago. Now Tubby’s family is whole again and it seems as if no time has passed at all! Never give up hope on reuniting with a lost family member. With a microchip on your side, the pet you thought was gone forever can find their way back to you!
- Are you looking for a dog who will enjoy activities such as long runs through beautiful Pacific Northwest trails? If you want a dog who will be by your side to experience all of the great outdoor fun our area has to offer, Zelda is the girl for you! This beautiful 3 year old Pitbull Mix has all of the energy an active owner could ask for! Zelda loves to play and will be a wonderful companion for the family on the go. Due to Zelda’s high octane personality, she would do best in a family with kids over the age of 12 and needs to be the only pet in the household. Zelda has a small cell tumor on one of her legs, which is commonly found in Pitbulls. As long as she receives regular vet check-ups, she’ll continue to be one happy and healthy girl. Come fall in love with Zelda today! Reference #A487416
- Black cats are all the hype this time of year. But don’t let the season fool you—they make amazing companions all year round! Drake is a wonderful 5 year old black domestic shorthair with stunning yellow eyes that are sure to captivate you! Drake is looking for a home where he can spend his hours leisurely on the couch, receiving gentle head pats of love and attention. Due to the fact that this guy will love having your attention so much, he needs to be in a single pet household. Drake is a mature boy and would do best in a forever home with adults and older children only. Don’t wait to make this fantastic guy yours today! Reference #A474426
- K-D is a sweet old soul who will fill your home with an abundance of love and peacefulness. This wonderful 11 year old brindle Pitbull Mix is looking for a forever family who enjoys a slower pace of life, but will allow K-D to stay young at heart. Don’t let this girl’s age deceive you, she’s still one curious and energetic kid! K-D is a very social, friendly and affectionate pup—any family would be lucky to have her! Stop by today and fall in love with K-D! Reference #A303410
- It’s always heart-warming to see a dog reunited with its owner after being missing a long time. The owner is thrilled, but many dogs react with surprise and hesitant recognition, as if they can’t quite believe their eyes. Then they get happier and happier and more excited as it sinks in. Sheila was missing for a whole year before Linda got our call saying she’d been found. By the time they left the shelter, the little dog was wagging her tail in a blur, and wiggling like a puppy.
- The Prince and the Pea? No, he’s just showing off the fifty cat beds that were just donated. Back in July, Mary Hoffman offered to make a fleece bed for every $25 donated during theittybittykittycommittee.com fundraiser – and just look at the results! Thanks, Mary! These gorgeous colors will really showcase our kitties.
- This week’s Featured Kitty is a wonderful girl who is sure to put a smile on your face every day! Izzy is a beautiful green-eyed 7 year old spayed Tortie Tabby with a standout personality. This little lady loves attention and isn’t afraid to show it! She will be happy to greet you at your feet after a long day and will join you on the couch for some good relaxation. Have other pet’s in your home already? Not to worry! With a slow introduction, Izzy would seem to do well with other cats and dogs. She does tend to have somewhat of a dominate personality, but that will most likely fade away as she gets comfortable in her new home. Don’t miss out on your chance to make this pretty girl yours forever! Reference #A447200
It's simple, to advance the welfare of animals in Tacoma and Pierce County. As a local, independent 501(c)3 non-profit, we at The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County rely on donations to fund our organization’s vital programs. Visit us in person or check out our adoptable animals to find your family’s newest addition!
Lost pets reunited with owners